Wednesday 13 July 2011

Depression


The Road By Cormac McCarthy is the best description of depression I have come across, it is not written about depression but but I found the post-apocalyptic world similar to the world that I often have to face.    I highly recommend this book if you are ever trying to understand what living with depression is like, as the worlds are very alike.

Depression is something that I have a hard time talking about, I feel like I don't understand it, even after 6 years.  I don't know if I will ever completely understand it. Here is what I know about it, it can be stress related, triggered by past traumas, anger, environmental, seasonal, cognitive, situational, or genetic. It can last for a week or for a lifetime.  Medication doesn't always help, doctors don't always know what they are doing and everyone has an opinion. And everyone suffers differently. I am "officially" diagnosed with severe clinical depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment