Sunday 14 August 2011

Supersized

How I got to be over 200 pounds was an accumulation of 5 years and emotional eating.  All the weight I gained, was gained in the winter when the depression is the worst for me.  Up until I got married I had an awesome metabolism, I could eat anything I wanted and if I wanted to loss a couple pounds I'd spend a couple weeks exercising.  When we went to Japan that was the first winter that I really suffered with depression, and I gained 10 pounds, most of it when we came home from Japan, I lost the weight that summer for my sisters wedding and  kept it off for a few months.  The next fall/winter was difficult we were living in a dark little basement suit, and I slowly gained 20 pounds, that winter was horrible.  I remember that I did not laugh for a couple months until one day when I was watching a movie in March or April and rushed to call Landon at work because I had laughed.  This was so monumental (the laughter) I can't even begin to describe it, it will be forever engraved in my mind.  We moved out of the basement suit and got into the house we are living in now, and the summer went by fine, winter came and went and brought with it another 10 pounds.  So this is about 3 years ago and I am at 150 pounds.  A year passed and I found out that winter my grandfather had lung cancer stage four, on went 15 pounds.  At the time of his funeral 2 years ago I weighted 165 pounds.  That winter I went into get somatic therapy, a lot of things came up that I wasn't emotionally ready to deal with so on went 30 pounds.  That summer we moved out of the house we are in now, and back to a dark little basement suit know as the cave, I lost nothing and continued to eat my feelings until September 2010 when I started school, here I weight 200 pounds, the stress and business of school lead to a lot of unhealthy eating added 17 pounds to my weight.  February 2011 is when everything changed, I realized that the weight gain was the consequence of my eating and lack of exercise and not the depression medication.  This mental clarity and sense of responsibility lead to the changes I have made and the weight I have lost.  Of course this is just a summary of the weight and a lot of history missed but essentially the time line of the weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment