Sunday 21 August 2011

Getting my Grove Back

Friday was the first day that I've had a great exercise since getting sick and I was so pumped at the end.  I had been doing the same exercise all along 1 hour on the elliptical on cardio days, but really not being able to get much of a sweat on or heartbeat up, so when I could Friday, watch out.  The disgusting sweaty ashen faced me was stumbling out of the gym with my legs barely able to hold me up.  Saturday morning has been when I do a bunch of different machines and work on sprints.  So after 10 minutes rowing, 10 biking with sprint intervals, 15 minutes of running intervals, 10 minutes of the stair climber and 15 on the elliptical I was again exhausted.  This time I ended up with a flushed face, and was red for an hour afterwards.  Really the looks I rock after the gym are awesome!
Today was the best day though, I exercised outside.  Landon and I went and took the dogs for a hike bright and early, and it was so beautiful.  We hiked to Mount Doug from our house, I used to do it daily before we moved away, and the comparison of my fitness ability was noticed by L, he even felt a little pushed by me.  Mind you it was a micro push, and I was my hot work out self, sweating and not quite able to finish sentences, but it felt really good to be told that I could push him slightly.  We hope that it becomes a early Sunday morning tradition, at least while the weather is nice, as it is so nice to be able to spend some family time together doing something we both love.  And I am learning to love exercise, I never thought the day would come, but I think it is slowly creeping up....

No comments:

Post a Comment