Tuesday 23 August 2011

All by myself

So yesterday was my first strength training session sans K.  It went really well, way better than I imagined in my head.  In my head it was a disaster, not being able to remember what each of the exercise were, cheating by stopping during the reps if it got to hard, all kind of things.  I remembered each of the exercises except for the split-squat-row, so I went out to ask the front desk if they knew what it was, and they didn't know but pointed to the machine that was called the row, and as soon as I picked up the weights my body did the rest...good old muscle memory.
On a side note I love these final words from Jack Layton.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.
These words cross political boundaries, cultural boundaries, socioeconomic boundaries, and any other boundary I can think of.  They are a wonderful, gentle, and kind reminder of the role we play in our world, and our future. 
                                        Be the change you want to see in the world 
                                                            Mahatma Gandhi   

No comments:

Post a Comment