Sunday 11 September 2011

Weekend Shenanigans

This is what should have happened this weekend and didn't...well LB is napping right now.  He's a little tired and I wish that is what I was doing but I've got reading to do.
Friday night was dinner out with friends of LB who are writing the UFE the big exam he wrote last year.  Gosh I am glad that is over, yuck and yuck that was not a fun week for me, stressing and trying to pretend I wasn't stressed for LB's sake who really was stressed. I wasn't any good at pretending.  I also managed to get to the gym after we had contractors here at the house all morning and ended up working out an extra 1/2 hour.  Doesn't seem like a lot, but it sure is to me.  
Saturday morning was another epic ride, not as epic as last week.  Here are the numbers 45km, 2 hrs and 15 minutes total to Sidney and back on the bike. It is a beautiful ride, along farms, forest and beside the ocean.  We live in the most amazing place.  We should have done this bike trip last week, honestly what was I even thinking trying to start out biking 80km.  I spent the rest of the day reading(and not the fun book kind...the textbook kind) and limping around the house.  This weeks ride was over all harder on me than last weeks ride.  I think it is because there really was only 5 days in between and my body hadn't really gotten over Mondays ride.  Anyways I still would like to get another ride in like that next weekend.
This morning we went hiking, just under 2 hours from our place to the top of Mt Doug and back.  Yep up by 7 to get that done before church...so much for sleeping in.  It again was a beautiful day that made me feel so grateful to being living here in Victoria and able to get out and about.
But what made my morning(and weekend) was hearing that Kienan the kidnapped child was returned, happy dance all around!  The whole thing seems a little weird to me and I'm sure that more details will come out, I am just so glad he is safe, and I hope that his mental health will be looked after in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment