Friday 2 September 2011

Mini Vacation Recap

So I am back, we left Saturday morning made it Ikea bright and early to return some damaged and not needed kitchen units, and than arrived in Kelowna then went straight to the gym.  Yes that's right I went to the gym...on vacation(insert sad face here).
The next morning we were up bright and early to go to Castlegar, about four hours of driving and we got to meet my new little cousin.  Well he is 11 months old, we just hadn't gotten a chance to see him and his wonderful family in over a year.  And oh boy did I ever fall in love with this guy.

                                                           Ryler Sydney Dodds Baker!
Sunday was the only day I didn't go to the gym as I hadn't had a rest day that week and there wasn't a lot of time when we were in the car for eight hours! I spent the afternoon at the beach, for the first time this summer and Landon went mountain biking.  I must say that I am more self conscious  in a bathing suit now than I was 39 pounds ago....yes only one more to lose and I will be at 40!  I think it is because I am becoming so much more aware of my body than I was before.

Monday and Tuesday consisted of some super super crazy time at the gym. As I knew I wanted to eat some favorite treats while in Kelowna...like Kelly O'Brian's Pachos.  So I did the treadmill on a crazy incline and found out that when the calorie counter hits 999.9 it goes back to one, yes those two days I burned over a 1000 calories, I have never gone over 800 and usually am around 650-700, so I really enjoyed those pachos.
We also went hiking on Tuesday another 500 calories, by the time I was done every joint and muscle was so and still is today.
Ringo and Lily had the best time, running through the high grass( it was burnt a couple years ago so not a lot of trees and more of a giant bush), and swimming.  The next day not so much and we got to sit in the car back at Ikea....it was way to hot to leave them by themselves and I was in the middle of a good book (Eat, Pray, Love) and volunteered.  Came home and went straight to the gym to do my last set of strength training exercises before meeting up with K today.
                                                 Also last night I got to see this one!

My baby sister who looked like this when I was her age! She has moved back home and going to school.  So for the first time since I was in grade 7 and she was in kindergarten we will be in school together! See you around campus!
Off to see K after 2 weeks going at it alone, I have been weighting myself and I am two pounds short but I am going to try and not dwell on it and see that crazy life and a bad few days of binge eating get in the way.
So happy September everyone, my blogging will probably go down to 3 times a week with school happening.   And I have a pretty high goals, I want to leave with a better GPA than LB...boy is he smart, I have a lot of work to do, I did really well last year, so just need to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment