Tuesday 6 September 2011

All about the bike

So today is the first day back and I biked to school for a 8:30 class.  I hope to commute to school biking it is 15 minutes and a bit hilly but nothing I can't do.  So i get to class and am waiting only one other person turns up and we are waiting and waiting, finally a third person comes by for a 9 class and we asked her wait class and turns out the two of us are waiting for our Monday class, needless to say I don't have to be at class until 1, so I turn around not excited to bike back(more on that in a minute) as every time I get on the bike my whole body wants to weep. Oh well I guess I get to relax a bit this am.
Sunday was our hike morning again, it was nice and relaxing, got a bit lost as we hiked up a slightly harder portion of Mt. Doug than before, rush home shower and go to the wrong church group that morning come home and LB finishes laying tile!!! Wow I am ever happy about that, and our kitchen is looking B E A U tiful! I get a sink on Saturday! We had Q (from Queasy) and dog Pavlov over for dinner, the boys went back to work on Q's house so we could do our bike ride to the Sooke Potholes.
So yesterday me, LB, and Q&Z went for a very long bike ride 56km....wow....that is why I wanted to weep at the thought of biking again to school for the 2nd time today.  My body would be happy to never ever see a bike again.
After one broken chain, and swollen earlobe(thank you wasp) sore legs, knees, bums, shoulders, sweaty backs we arrived. Tired and a wee bit hungry.  We managed to stumble down to the pot holes and just sat, not much was said, except that we would bus home.  I am very grateful today that we did, I was a little resistant at first, as I was set on biking home and nothing would change my mind.  But so so so glad for the wisdom of everyone else, as I was waiting for the bus I realized there would have ended up with a tantrum on the trial and probably still be sitting there.  There is no way I would have made it home with out a break down and that would have wreaked the whole day.
We ended the lovely tiring day at Pink Bicycle for a wonderful dinner and conversation.  I think it was about 3000 calories burned....wow.  Except for the part when I stepped on the scale and gained two pounds. LB figures it is my body going into survival mode and holding on to water....I hope he is right.
So K please no squats, lunges, hamstring curls or step ups today please please please.


No comments:

Post a Comment