Monday 19 September 2011

Food For Thought

So this weekend was full of wonderful visits and of course great food.  Food and friendship go hand in hand. It is go ingrained in our culture, that when we socialize we EAT.  The only person I know who doesn't like this is LB, he is always so busy, and wishes food could come in a little pill for convince, most of the time anyways.
We started the weekend going to a dessert potluck, when I told K she was not impressed with my plans, and asked me why I was even bothering to go! I managed to do well, I made up two big plates of fresh fruit, which i enjoyed along with a cookie.  But man oh man you should have seen the spread, it was pretty hard to leave it be, and two days later I was still thinking about it.  Than a girls spa night, with baking from Monica http://lifeinaloafpan.blogspot.com/ I knew it was coming so I went to the gym twice on Saturday knowing I wouldn't be able to say no to what ever wonder she made.  It turn out to be vanilla bean cupcakes, and she made minis!!  Sunday we were out for supper and lunch and thankfully it was healthy hearty homemade meals and managed to eat the healthy and say no to the extras, like juice, dessert, ect.
Our culture is not the only one that revolves around food, in the Trobriand Islands, when a male and female sit down to eat together they are then considered married.

No comments:

Post a Comment