Sunday 13 November 2011

Thank goodness we wear clothes

So this past week I went shopping for a dress to wear to LB's Christmas party in a month.  I am starting to feel like I look really good dressed, was trying on size 8's and they were a tiny tiny bit snug but knowing they would fit perfectly in 4 weeks.  The problem was the florescent lights and full length mirrors, and standing in bra and underwear, did nothing for my self-esteem.  I have lost almost 50 pounds, 3 pounds shy right now, and I have a lot of baggy skin.  And there is nothing I can do about it right now, except weight training and toning. It is in my upper arms, tummy and especially my thighs.  It's just hanging there, and didn't really bother me until standing under those lights and seeing my self in all my glory...yikes.  Needless to say I went home empty handed and began research on how to get rid of this skin, naturally.
I got deviled eggs with cayenne pepper, fancy skin creams and oils, bath soaks, and a whole lot other kinda weird facts.  There was a couple good ones thought, like heavy exfoliating to get old skin off and promote healthier tighter skin, and hand lotion to help firm up skin.
I think the best and most realistic thing is time, I am young and healthy and I feel that my body will take care of itself.  I may always have some extra skin, but not like what I have right now.  So the word of the week is patience, with myself,  my body and weight loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment