Friday 6 January 2012

Run Run Run as fast as you can

you absolutely can catch me.  I know because I ran as hard as I could today, and it wasn't as far or as fast as I thought I could run..in my mind.  I am going to run this years Times Colonist 10K...so I thought I really should get on this...pronto.  I do not like running, I have mentioned before that I have wobbly bits, and they are much more noticeable when you are on a treadmill compared to the bike, elliptical or what ever other machine one is on.  However most of my fitness goals focused on running.  Such as the 10k, the marathon and the iron man, which I dream of participating in....running.  So I better learn to like running, as I will be doing it a lot in the next months!  I ran 3 miles in 37 minutes...or 4.8km.  I was a bit of a mess, I could hear my breathing...no panting over my music and when I was done someone said make sure you don't die. Needless to say there is a lot of hard work in front of me...

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done:) I'll be running in April too!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but the good news about running is that you do get more efficient over time if you run the same route and pace yourself just at the point of challenge. I did it outside though. Never saw the same growth after we bought the treadmill. Keep motoring and smile on the flat stretches :)

    ReplyDelete