Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tears

There were tears at the gym today...happy tears. Weird I know, but here's the story.  When we got married LB and I got matching titanium wedding bands, which means they cannot be sized, not a problem as I never planned on gaining any weight.  So about 3 years ago and 40  pounds later my ring came off, for good.  I wore it around my neck sometimes, but it just wasn't the same, got a cheap silver replacement but wasn't the same.  Our wedding day was perfect and I love what the rings represent, so to lose the ability to wear the ring was hard.  I also was too sentimental to get a replacement ring, also always wanted to lose the weight.  So for the last couple months I have been taking the ring out and trying it on, hoping that it would fit. Now I have been able to shove my finger in but not get it off very easily so back in the drawer it went.  So right before the gym today I pulled out the ring and tried it on and it fit!  So when I showed K the ring I was so happy that the tears started coming. Anyways thank-you K. I will take these type of tears anytime at the gym.

5 comments:

  1. such a happy blog post :) love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most rewarding experience of this whole journey so far! I can't stop looking at my finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool........
    Queasy's mom(in-law)
    :) x :) o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!! Keep up the great work and keep true to your goal. We are thinking of you there.

    ReplyDelete