Wednesday 7 August 2013

C-Section healing through exercise

So I had a cesarean when Ronan was born, and the healing process went well, but it still is uncomfortable and problematic.  I thought that it was something that I would have to live with, as I had talked to other moms who years later still felt the discomfort of it. However I met with C for an appointment and he had talked to someone in the physical therapy side of his schooling who told him some stretches I could do to help healing and ease the discomfort. There were three simple exercises with an All Ball


It was 4 minutes per stretch, place the ball between your belly button and top of hip bone and lay on it, do the opposite side.   Then the last one is between your belly button and where your rib cage join up.  It stretches out the fascia muscle a layer of muscle that goes through out the body.

After the stretches we did some strength training for the core, and it felt pretty crazy.  I felt like the day I came home from the hospital where my core was like jello.   And then trying to do the core exercises I have done for the last couple months it was like learning to do them all over again and my body didn't co-operate. I am sore today, but happy at the idea that my body slowly can get very close to how it was before.   So I am ordering a ball, C recommends stretching out 3 times a week, I will see how the scar tissue and discomforts changes and heals!

No comments:

Post a Comment