Monday 21 May 2012

A little perspective

This is the first photo of me being pregnant.   When you gain close to 100 pounds in a few short years, you stop taking pictures, and even when you have lost just over half of that weight....getting your picture taken does not come very easily.  We took this running out the door and went out for date night at Il Terrazo....where I could not believe how "pregnant" I was treated.  I didn't have to go down stairs to the bathroom...on the way down the manager told me to use the one up stairs.  It was a nice though because over the couple hours we were there I went 4 times.  Strangers have starting asking me when I am due, and lots of people touch the belly now.
I commented to LB in the restaurant how pregnant I've felt the last little while and not getting my own drink menu and the server commenting how LB would be the only one needing one summed it up.
We have 3 mirrors in our house, and only one of them is a full length one it is on the back of the bathroom door so there is often a towel hanging over it; and like the camera situation mirrors are avoided.  So when we came home and I looked at the pictures I laughed out loud....I look HUGE and no wonder people have noticed! I hadn't really noticed other then how clothes felt and how hard it is getting to bend or crouch down!  So these pictures are my new perspective on how I look...and truly I LOVE IT.  It helps that just last Tuesday Baby Bailey finally started moving so I could feel him/her.

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome Sam! I've been thinking about you lots. Wishing you many happy days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful! that baby belly looks lovely on you!
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate the bump...you are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete