Wednesday 29 February 2012

Things I didn't know about being pregnant

....well for a brief summery ALOT!
1) That morning sickness lasts all day...and night
2) That the pregnancy glow in my case is due to copious amounts of oil...and I am back to having acne...worse then as a teenager
3) It is exhausting growing a little being inside 
4) Your favorite foods can quickly become enemy number one....chocolate and pizza really...come on lentil bean give me a break 
5) A person can survive on simple carbohydrates and the occasional steaks.  Both breads and a lot of meat are not something that is in my normal diet.  I only was eating meat maybe once a week and one or two small servings of complex carbs a day.  Right now this is what will stay down...so I eat it.
6) Some days your boobs hurt so bad that you will wear two bras a regular one and then a sports one over top so they DO NOT MOVE.
the list could go on and on but I am to tired to think and some days I don't even know what comes after 6 so we end the list  

3 comments:

  1. Dude.. Sorry to say but it goes on and on. I remember being angry that no one told be all the stuff.. I'm not gonna lie to you. When I say rollercoaster I mean up and down. It's not pretty. Childbirth is no joke either.. Don't believe anyone who makes it sound "not so bad".. But the crazy part is it is so worth it.. And you will want to do it all over again !:)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! You just listed MY list of everything I had when I was pregnant. And I feel like those weren't even the worst of it, it was having pregnant friends (at the same time) that didn't have any of those things and made it seem like such a breeze. I lived on toast too(because bread was too soft and made me nauseous) with butter on top to switch things up every once and while. Just keep taking your prenatals and your body has stores of the essentials nutrients needed to grow that baby so you are doing a fantastic job!!!!
    p.s. Trying sniffing fresh cut lemons or chewing on really minty gum especially in situations where being sick is a hassle :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    I'm not excited about the boobs thing, but kids are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete